It’s summer and you’ve busted out the grill so why not slap a few easy homemade biscuits on it, too?
We went for it and haven’t looked back since. That’s right, folks, biscuits aren’t just for oven-baking anymore … you can grill ‘em … and they’re awesome!
Think breakfast: grill a few sausages and these Grilled Chive and Green Onion Biscuits and you’re golden.
Or maybe dinner is more your style. Burgers with fluffy grilled biscuits, anyone?
It all starts with Bisquick and milk…
- But we don’t just stop there! We also throw in a handful of chopped green onions and chives to wake everything up and give it a nudge.
- Add Chives and Green Onions
- Just stir everything together then go ahead and shape into a square.
- Bisquick Formed into a Square
- Cut into smaller squares and you’re ready to grill!
- Cut Bisquick Dough into Squares
- Slap the biscuits down onto lightly oiled grates and cook on both sides for a minute or so – you just want to see grill marks.
- Then, add each biscuit to a sheet of foil, cover with another sheet of foil and cook until light and fluffy – it only takes 5-10 minutes. Done!
- Serve ‘em up any way you like … with sausage for breakfast, with gravy for dinner… it’s all up to you! Enjoy!
Grilled Chive and Green Onion Biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (about 2 green onions)
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- oil for grilling
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Stir ingredients together until a soft dough forms then turn out onto a surface sprinkled with a little extra Bisquick mix.
- Gently knead the dough a few times (try not to overwork the dough) then form into a 6-inch by 6-inch square.
- Use a knife or bench cutter to cut the dough into 9 even squares.
- Lightly oil the grill or grill pan. Add biscuits to grill and cook on both sides until grill marks appear, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Next, place biscuits, in one layer, onto a large sheet of aluminum foil then cover with another sheet of foil. Turn down the grill to low or place onto a cooler part of the grill and cook 5-10 minutes until light and fluffy.