One summer night I was grilling pizza over a big campfire in my backyard.
I realized that in my pantry I had all the makings for S’mores, the classic campfire dessert of graham crackers, melted chocolate, and caramelized marshmallows. I put the components together for this S’more pizza, and my kids went wild. A graham cracker crust goes right on top of the crisp pizza crust. Then it’s piled with hot fudge and gooey marshmallow cream, sold at most grocery stores. Everyone will want s’more.
Refrigerated chocolate chip cookies to make a fun s’more pizza on the grill or in the oven.
Want a new twist on s’mores? How about making some s’more pizza! All you need are the traditional s’mores ingredients, pizza dough, and a grill.
Pillsbury asked me to try a new grilling recipe using their pizza dough. I was in the mood for sweet, so I thought why not grill up a s’more pizza.
It was simple to do and so tasty. First I love making pizza on the grill. And if you, like me, find traditional s’mores a little messy and a little too sweet, then this is the answer! The pizza crust is a perfect way to hold all the melted chocolate, graham cracker crumble, and marshmallows together, and the crust also cuts the sweet with a little savory and salt. Plus, the crunch makes the dish!
Grilled Chocolate Chip S’more Pizza
total time 30 min
- 1 package (16 oz) Pillsbury® Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup small pieces graham crackers
- 1/2 cup small pieces milk chocolate candy bars
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Spray pizza pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray. Remove cookie dough from package; press into disk shape. On pizza pan, roll dough into round about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place pan on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until cookie is light golden brown. Remove from grill.
- 3 Sprinkle graham cracker pieces evenly over cookie; top with chocolate bar pieces and marshmallows. Return to grill; cook about 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are golden brown.
- Cut into wedges. Serve warm.