This summer can not miss in your grills, this fabulous Grilled Corn Salsa
I love the combination of flavors in this salsa, especially the contrast of the sweet corn against the spicy peppers. My family was crazy about it too. I opened a bag of tortilla chips so we could all give it a try and my husband nearly finished an entire jar himself in one sitting.
Note: The poblano and jalapeno peppers are optional for those who do not like spicy.
Grilled Corn Salsa
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Total Time:45 Min
Makes 5-6 cups.
- 2 ears corn
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1 small poblano peppers, chopped (optional)
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Soak corn (in husk) in water 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and drain.
- Place in microwave for 1 minute per ear. (Corn will be very hot, so be careful when removing from microwave.)
- Remove husk and silk from cob. Grill corn over medium heat until kernels are lightly charred (rotate corn as needed to prevent too much charring on one side).
- Remove from grill and let cool. Using a knife, cut down the corn to remove all kernels from cob.
- Place in a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cool and ladle into airtight jars. Keep refrigerated for up to one week.