This is no plain old grilled chicken breast sandwich. Brushing on a seasoned honey-mustard baste turns the ordinary into something special.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 4 whole-grain sandwich buns, split
- 4 slices tomatoes
- Leaf lettuce
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Mix mustard, honey, oregano and red pepper. Brush on chicken.
- Cover and grill chicken 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, brushing frequently with mustard mixture and turning occasionally, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Discard any remaining mustard mixture.
- Serve chicken on buns with tomato and lettuce.