Chopped apple brings a touch of sweetness to the classic pairing of ham and cheese.
prep time 35 min
total time 35 min
Serving Size: 1 Serving – Calories 380
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1 can (12 oz) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- Chopped tomato, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray large cookie sheet with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray, or grease with shortening. In small bowl, gently mix ham, cheese and apple.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Press or roll 5 biscuits into 4-inch circles on cookie sheet.
- Place about 1/2 cup ham mixture onto center of each circle. Press or roll remaining 5 biscuits into 5-inch circles; place over ham mixture on each. Press edges with fork to seal. Mix egg and water; brush over filled biscuits.Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each sandwich in half. To serve, garnish with tomato. Serve warm.