Ham and cheese crescents … They are my favorite, I love all that is melted cheese, who does not?
This recipe can be adapted according to their tastes and habits. If you do not eat ham, smoked turkey replace, it’s delicious!
If you do not eat meat, you can opt for spinach, if placed raw, cook the spinach with the cheese in the second cooking in the oven. You can add mushrooms, feta cheese (if lactose intolerant) .. as you see is very versatile, I leave here just an idea .. You can make the recipe to the letter or improvise your own.
Ham & Cheese Crescent Bake
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dough
- 18 thin slices of smoked ham
- 12 slices of Swiss cheese
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- You need: greased 8×8 baking dish,
- Now unroll only half crescent dough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- (We will use the rest of the dough croissants later)
- Bake the bottom later at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes or until just lightly baked. (Keep an eye on this, we do not want too toasted)
- Remove baking dish from the oven and top with a layer of 6 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Add 9 thin slices smoked ham slices to the top of 6 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Top remaining smoked ham with a final layer of Swiss cheese slices.
- Now add remaining crescent dough on top of cheese slices and spread out until toppings are mostly covered.
- Beat the egg yolk with water and brush on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Return to the oven and bake about 12 minutes or until top is crispy.
- Cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!