Ham & Cheese Stuffed Bread
And if you dont have time to make your
own bread dough, go ahead and use
the frozen bread loaves you can get at the store.
Just give yourself enough time to thaw it out.
Also here I give you the recipe for the bread.
Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bread
- 1 lb. Frozen Bread Dough~thawed
- 1 (9oz.) Sliced Smoked Ham
- 1 (12oz.) Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 C. Mayo
- 1 (8oz.) Cream Cheese and Chives Spread
- Dash Pepper
- Dash of Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 Egg~beaten
- Sesame Seeds
- In a small bowl cream together the
- mayo, cream cheese, pepper and hot sauce.
- Roll out thawed dough and spread with cream cheese
- spread. Then layer Ham and Cheese.
- (I had some provolone cheese on had as well)
- Fold dough in thirds and press seam closed.
- Lay seam side down on a greased sheet pan.
- Brush the beaten egg over top and sprinkle
- with sesame seeds. Cut small slits
- into the dough to allow for steam.
- Let dough rise for about 15 minutes
- while the oven is preheating.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing
Now THAT’S A MEAL!
- 3 C. Milk
- 1/2 C. Shortening
- 1/2 C. Margarine
- 3/4 C. Sugar
- 3 TBSP. Yeast *( I use Red Star Brand)
- 1 TBSP. Salt
- 1/2 C. Warm Water
- 3 Lg. Eggland’s Best Eggs -beaten
- 10-12 c. Bread Flour
- In a Large Microwave safe bowl combine the milk, shortening,
- margarine, salt and sugar. Heat until warm where the margarine
- and shortening are almost melted.
- Add in the beaten eggs stirring until all is smooth.
- Pour into your mixing bowl to cool for a few minutes.
- Next combine the warm water and yeast in a small bowl
- to bloom for 5 minutes. Then add to the milk mixture.
- Add in half of the flour, mix well. Then add in remaining
- flour to make a soft dough. Mix again for another 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead out any air bubbles.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl.
- Spreading 2 TBSP. of oil to the top of the dough.
- Cover with a light cloth or plastic wrap.
- Let raise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Shape into rolls, place on greased pan to rise again.
- Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- If desire you can then brush melted butter over hot rolls.