A easy and tasty meal that the whole family will enjoy.
This recipe is wonderful, It is so creamy, the sauce made from the cream cheese is great!
Hamburger Sausage Broccoli Casserole
Cook time: 45 Min
Prep time: 20 Min
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb bulk sausage
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 small white onion, chopped ( about 1/2 cup)
- 2 fresh clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 10 to 12 oz fresh broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 potato cut into very thin slices (about 1 centimeter)
- 1 (8-oz) block cream cheese ( at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup half and half (this is 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 package shredded mozzarella (8oz)
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl mix the two meat and season to taste with oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, place the mixture of seasoned meat, brown and add the onion, parsley and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes and then drain excess fat.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender yet still a little crisp; season with salt and pepper. Repeat the process with potatoes and red bell pepper.
- Cheese mixture:
In a large bowl (1/4 gallon) place the cream cheese and take it to the microwave, heat for 30 seconds (until well soft) and whisk until creamy and smooth. Gradually whisk in the half and half until smooth; stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- In a large pan greased (2 ½ liter or larger) Layers of: cheese mixture, potatoes, broccoli, hamburger, red bell pepper. Repeat layers again.
- Taste test and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350º for about 35-45 minutes, until bubbly around edges.