This is my version of this delicious recipe, I made several versions, all versions of this recipe included chicken soup. This is a great mistake made by many blogs, because there is no chicken soup in the original recipe of Cracker Barrel. The thing is simpler than you think, and the taste and texture is the same as the original, something I like at least 3 times a week when breakfast at the Cracker Barrel ..
CRACKER BARREL Hashbrown casserole
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 oz Colby Cheese-grated
- ½ cup Butter or Margarine-melted (divided)
- 1 Small Onion-minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 lb. bag Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- In a large skillet put half the butter and heat, add Shredded Hash Browns and cook until browned. reservar
- Spray a 13×9″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a bowl, cheese, butter, onion, salt and pepper.
- Place ingredients in layers in into pan, first half Hash Browns, then cheese butter and onion mixture and repeat again.
put more cheese on top if desired
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through.