Healthy meals with only 100 calories this cheese vegetable and white egg muffins so tasty and gluten free!
Healthy, portable little egg muffins that you can enjoy without worry at under 100 calories each (about 50 calories of egg, 20 calories of vegetables, and 20 calories of cheese per muffin).
You can make them in advance and keep them for up to 1 week in the fridge. A huge caveat is to spray your muffin pan extremely well with nonstick spray or they will stick.
YIELD: 1 dozen medium muffins
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: about 18 to 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: about 45 minutes, for cooling
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 1/2 cup small diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (I didn’t thaw)
- 8 white eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- about 12 tablespoons shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a Non-Stick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan *extremely well* with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add peppers, peas, onion and toss to combine.
Loosely pile of vegetable mixture to each muffin cavity, filled to about 2/3 to 3/4 full; set pan aside.
- In another bowl add white egg and beat with a whisk.
Add the salt and pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine.
- Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of egg into each cavity, equally distributing among the cavities.
They will be about 3/4 full after being topped off with egg.
- Top each cup with a generous pinch of cheese, about 1 tablespoon each.
Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until muffins are set, cooked through, and are lightly golden.
- They will puff in the oven, but sink upon cooling. Allow muffins to cool in pan on top of a wire rack for about 10 minutes before removing.