This pie turns out great, and everyone seems to enjoy it, it’s so easy and sooooo good. A great dessert for Christmas!
I have placed some hazelnuts on top of the pie, you can place cream or nuts, chocolate chips or anything that appeals to your family
HERSHEY’S Gone to Heaven Chocolate Pie Recipe
- One 9-inch pie shell
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Coupons
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, divided
- Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping, or hazelnuts (optional)
- Bake pie shell; cool. Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart saucepan. Combine egg yolks and milk in container with pouring spout. Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Add 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. Pour into prepared pie shell; press plastic wrap onto filling. Cool. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled and firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream and remaining chocolate chips, if desired. 6 to 8 servings