Apple crumble is an all time classic of British cuisine, combining the sourness of cooking apples, the sweetness of the sugar and the spiciness on cinnamon. All of this is topped with a crunchy crumble topping. As far as we’re concerned it simply can’t be beaten!
Onto the recipe….
Home-style Apple Crumble
- 6 medium sized apples – peeled/cored/sliced
- 1/3 cup butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 oatmeal
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9X9 baking dish.
- Layer sliced apples in dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and butter together… this should roughly resemble bread crumbs.
- Thoroughly mix the rest of the ingredients into the flour/butter mixture.
- Sprinkle on top of apples.
- Bake for 30 mins or until apples are cooked and topping is golden.
Notes: I very rarely actually measure the ingredients, I just add as much or as little as I like :)