When I saw these homemade cookies was something that I love because I can make these cookies with my son, and He Was fascinated with the idea!Take the recipe and the idea of the molds from tastykitchen.
First I thought of making the molds with a hard cardboard, but let me tell you that did not result because not maintain the form of heart or fish .. I made the molds, because I did not find any small molds online, are made with a can of soda, I have also included pictures
Before getting started, decide on what shapes you’ll be cutting out. Using an aluminum can and tape, I cut a thin strip and formed my fishy, then taped the edges together with clear packing tape.
- You’ll need just a few simple ingredients: shredded cheese, butter, flour, salt and cold water. That’s it!
- Begin combining everything, except the water, in a food processor until the dough looks like sand.
- Next, pulse in the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until combined.
- Remove the dough from the processor and form into a small, tidy package. Wrap in plastic and chill for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll out the dough. I found the thinner the dough, the crispier the cracker.
- Now, the cutting fun begins!
- Place crackers on a lined cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes. I began with little fishies.
- Then moved on to the heart and then the Pac-Man (or Mrs. Pac-Man).
- Aren’t they cute? They puff up a tad, resulting in a chewy, cheesy cracker.
- Have fun with this one y’all! I enjoyed making these and I think you will too. Get creative and let the kids join in!
Homemade Goldfish Crackers
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Cut Into Cubes
- 1 cup Flour
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.
- Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. You can use a toothpick to make the eyes and smile if desired. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
- Makes approximately 7 dozen crackers.