Homemade Lemon Ice Cream
This recipe for homemade lemon ice cream is very easy to do and does not need an ice cream maker!
- 9 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine lemon juice, lemon zest,and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually stir in milk, heavy cream and salt.
- Pour into an 8 inch glass baking dish, cover and freeze until firm. Remove ice cream one half at a time and run through a food processor until nearly smooth. pour into a plastic bowl, with lid.
- Top ice cream mixture with plastic wrap and seal with lid to bowl.
- Keep for up to a week.