This recipe is delightfully easy and the frosting goes well on just about everything: cupcakes, cakes, cookies, you name it!
Don’t let the juice from your maraschino cherry jar go to waste!
The consistency is usually spot-on for me but if it’s a little thick for you, just add additional cherry juice, one teaspoon at a time to thin it out. The bonus in that is you get an even prettier pink frosting.
I used almond extract for the frosting instead of vanilla extract for two reasons; one, it’s clear so it doesn’t muddle the pretty pink color and two, cherry and almond go together so perfectly!
Homemade Maraschino Cherry Frosting
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (Room temp works best)
- 4-5 cups Powder sugar ( I sift mine)
- 5 tbsp Maraschino cherry juice
- almond extract ( your taste)
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter on high speed until stiff and fluffy.
- Add 3 cups of sugar, one at a time.
- Add almond extract
- Add the cherry juice
- In addition to the cherry juice add the last cup of sugar.
- Beat until smooth
Recipe adapted from: Lauras little house tips