This sauce is great on homemade pizza, as a dunking sauce for bread sticks, or paired with a fresh batch of garlic knots! It’s incredibly quick. It doesn’t need a long cook time like other red sauces need.
Take one large clove of garlic, or several small ones, and thinly slice them. Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
Homemade Pizza Sauce
• 1 can tomato sauce – 15 oz
• 1 can tomato paste – 6 oz
• 1/4 tsp basil
• 1/2 tsp oregano
• 1/2 – 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp sugar
• 3 TBSP olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, extra large
• 1 can water – 6 oz
• shake cayenne
• 3 TBSP parmesan
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat and add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute, and add tomato paste and tomato sauce, and all the seasoning and the water.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes.