Hot Apple Cider Recipe. One way I love to celebrate the holiday season is to break out my hot apple cider recipe and share it with my family. I just love the smell of the cinnamon, oranges, cloves and apples simmering away on the stove. It’s truly better than any candle you could buy.
This hot apple cider is really easy to make and tastes so yummy. It will warm your soul. Well, maybe that’s going a little far, but it will definitely hit the spot.
Looking for an adult hot apple cider? Though I haven’t yet tried it with this recipe, feel free to add some dark rum to the cider recipe. I’d start with about one cup and then go from there for taste.
Anyways, I hope you try out this hot apple cider recipe. It’s quick, easy, delicious and will make your house smell like Christmas. Winner!
- 2 quarts 100% apple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 apple, unpeeled and cut in half
- 1 small naval orange, unpeeled and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tsp. whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- Carefully insert the whole cloves into the apple on both the flesh and skin sides (see picture above).
- Heat apple juice over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven. Once heated, add the brown sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Promptly remove the apple halves, orange slices, cinnamon sticks and any clove remnants from the pot. Serve hot.