You can prepare this famous appetizer at home. This is a very simple hot dip to make. Be sure to serve this with lots of crusty Italian bread, or you can even serve this with crackers.
Hot Artichoke-Spinach Dip
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 Cup chopped artichoke hearts (canned or frozen & thawed) or 4 fresh artichoke *
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- freshly ground pepper (I use white pepper)
- Sliced toasted Pitas
- Sliced toasted french bread or baguette
- * If you buy fresh artichokes, trim the ends clean them and boil the spinach and artichoke hearts in a cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain in a colander when done.
- Heat the cream cheese in a small bowl in the microwave set on high for 30 seconds. Add sour cream and stir well.
Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and stir well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and drizzle paprika
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is golden and dip is bubbly. Serve hot with crackers, chips, or toasted pitas for dipping.