Are you sick of all my Oreo recipes yet? No? Good, me either!! ;) I’m telling you, there isn’t a dessert out there that couldn’t be improved with Oreos! Now, when it comes to brownies, I’d like to think of myself as a purist. I don’t want nuts or any other add-ins (usually); I just prefer a warm brownie with a cold glass of milk (soy, of course…bleh).
But I had an unopened package of Oreos staring at me and a serious craving for brownies, so I decided to just throw some in! These were GOOD! The Oreos get a little soft during the baking process so they’re nice and chewy inside the gooey brownies.
These were a big hit last weekend on our annual weekend ski trip to Sugar Bowl, so I thought I’d share!
- 1 box Brownie Mix
- eggs & oil (as called for by the brownie mix)
- 1 heaping half cup (6 oz) Cookies & Cream ice cream
- 1/4 Cup hot fudge topping (chilled or room temp)
- *(optional) 1/4 cup of water – (I used this to thin out the mix, as it was super thick, & it still made for great results.)
- Preheat oven & grease baking dish (size, as called for on brownie mix box) Combine brownie mix, eggs, and oil as directed on the back of the box.
- Add ice cream and hot fudge to the brownie batter and stir to combine. *This is where I added the optional 1/4 cup of water, as the mix was too thick to pour.
- Use your own judgement on the mix’s consistency & proceed accordingly!*
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the baking dish, layer with Oreos, then top with remaining batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes or as directed on the back of the box.
NOTES: I used a Family Size Brownie Mix, which called for a 13″x19″ baking dish. I’m guessing that the larger mix equated to the extra thick batter. So, if going w/ the larger mix, be sure to add the additional 1/4 cup of water!