Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast
I love to cook in slow cooker, particularly meat, any kind of meat literally falls apart once cooked.
One of my favorite recipes is the balsamic chicken, so I decided to try something similar but with pork, adding some organic honey (you use any honey you have) and some peppercorns. This meat works well with salads, or with caramelized onions, here I have a recipes
Recipe slightly modified from Skinnytaste
- 2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast (sirloin roast)
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns.
- Season the pork with salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and place it into the slow cooker. Add peppercorns
Mix together the broth and vinegar and pour it over the pork, then pour the honey over and set the timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender (it should shred easily with a fork), remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and put back into the slow cooker and ladle 1/2 cup sauce over the pork and keep warm until ready to eat.