How to make Dr. Pepper Barbecue Sauce
Dr. Pepper Barbecue Sauce is the answer for a quick and easy homemade barbecue sauce that is great for grilling!
A good BBQ sauce can add a lot to your barbecue. It’s great for marinating your chicken and ribs; it’s an awesome dipping sauce for French fries and chicken nuggets; and it adds that extra oomph to pulled pork sandwiches. And making it at home can give any recipe that “home-made goodness” that you’re known for!
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- One 12-ounce can Dr. Pepper
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fine-ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add all ingredients to a large sauce pan and whisk to combine. Place over medium-high heat and cook, stirring often until mixture just starts to bubble. Lower to simmer and cook 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.