This easy recipe with few ingredients and delicious.
Delicious tender beef cooked in the slow cooker with beer, onions, bacon and bell pepper. The beer makes a lovely gravy without tasting overly strong of beer.
Slow cooker – Beef in Beer
- 1 1/2 pound boneless roast (the recipe calls for beef chuck, blade or cross rib roast)
- 5 strips of bacon cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup tomato sauce (I use Ragu Grilled Steak flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- Cut the onion into slices 1/4 inch
- Cut the red pepper into strips 1/4 inch
- Place vegetables, meat, bacon and tomato sauce in the slow cooker. Add the beer.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours, or until meat is tender and flakes with a fork.