If they weren’t super expensive (and filled with who-knows-what as far as the ingredients go), I’d be at Starbucks getting a “frappucino” pretty much every day in the summer. I mean it…I really love them! So to avoid that scenario, I came up with a simple, yet delicious, homemade version.
The secret ingredient in this drink is organic, freeze-dried, instant decaf coffee.. I love this stuff…it’s tasty and so convenient! And it’s perfect for making blended iced coffee drinks. Sure, you can make a blended iced coffee drink with chilled brewed coffee but I don’t make mine that way, so I can’t help you out as far as a recipe goes.
Tips: Add a scoop or two of vanilla (or chocolate or coffee) ice cream for extra deliciousness. If you do so, you may want to cut back on the maple syrup.
Iced Coffee Frappe
- Yield: 2 servings
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups milk, preferably whole and organic (I use raw milk)
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or organic, unrefined granulated sugar), or to taste
- 2 teaspoons organic freeze-dried instant regular or decaf coffee
- 1-2 scoops of vanilla (or chocolate or coffee) ice cream (optional-for more of a milkshake-like drink); I’d cut back a little on the sweetener if you do add ice cream
- Add all ingredients to your blender (I love my Blendtec ) and blend on “high” until everything is thoroughly mixed (and ice is completely crushed).