Brushing egg on the top of the pie before baking gives the crust of this main-course pie a shiny, golden-brown finish.
This is one of those dinners you just love to make when there’s no time and just a whole bunch of people that are hungry – most of this can be made ahead of time except for the crust!!!
Total Time 1 hr 10 min
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 package (9 oz) frozen cooked southwestern-seasoned chicken breast strips, thawed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 400°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In large bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except egg and parsley. Pour into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust. Brush top with beaten egg; sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake 38 to 48 minutes or until golden brown. After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator.