Did you know it’s Backwards Day? Celebrate it right with these Inside Out S’mores Bars!
Happy Backwards Day! Or, should I say “!yaD sdrawkcaB yppaH”?
What are you doing today to celebrate?
My kids already have a list of ideas going, including: write with your opposite hand all day, wear your shirt backwards, walk backwards everywhere, answer the phone “goodbye,” try reciting the alphabet backwards…the possibilities are endless for a day full of silly fun.
Here’s a good one: How about celebrating with some Inside Out S’mores Bars?
I have been seriously craving s’mores lately — it’s been way too many months since those late-night summer campouts where we sit around a campfire and enjoy that ooey gooey goodness! We’ve created these fun bars so you can enjoy the taste of s’mores (and stay out of the cold!). And you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now!
- Start with a Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix (family size, for a 9×13″ pan), and prepare according to box directions. Pour half into a pan.
- Top the brownie batter with graham crackers.
- Then sprinkle with mini marshmallows.
- Drizzle remaining batter over the marshmallows and bake until edges are crisp and top brownies feel solid to the touch.
- It was torture waiting for these to finish baking! The delicious smell filled our house and there were lots of hungry taste-testers anxiously waiting for a bite. We’re boxing up these cute bars to share with friends today — after we eat a couple, of course!
In fact, I think we might have to eat a few before dinner…since it’s Backwards Day and all.
Inside Out S’mores Bars
- called eggs, oil and water for on brownie mix box
- 1 box Betty Crocker FAMILY SIZE (for 9×13″ pan) Fudge Brownie Mix
- 7 sheets honey graham crackers
- cooking nonstick spray
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare Fudge Brownie Mix according to package directions with eggs, oil, and water.
- Pour half of brownie mixture into pan.
- Top with sheets of graham crackers, breaking to fit as necessary.
- Sprinkle marshmallows on top of graham crackers, covering completely.
- Drizzle remaining half of brownie batter over marshmallows.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until edges are crisp and center is set. Note: The typical toothpick test won’t work for these because of the marshmallow middle, but the top brownies should be solid to the touch, not gooey, when done. Bake for an extra 5 to 10 minutes, if needed for doneness (checking after 5 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes to set completely. Slice into bars and serve.