This Jack Frost Cocktail recipe is the best Christmas drink and is sure to put a smile on everyone’s faces! This is perfect for serving at a Holiday party and it takes just 5 minutes to make.
Jack Frost Cocktail
There are so many holiday cocktails I want to make this season, but I’m SOOOOO glad I made this one early-on so that I can share with you all if you haven’t tried it yet. If you haven’t, make it a priority to put it on your holiday entertaining menu… NOW!
This has been on my bucket list of cocktails to make forever. A friend posted a picture of them on Facebook the other day and it jogged my memory to get on the ball and make ’em! NOW I see (and TASTE) what all the hype is about. OH. MY. WORD.
This winter cocktail is the easiest thing you will ever make and absolutely delicious! Just a hand full of ingredients and this will be the biggest hit at you next Holiday gathers. Also, you can easily make this drink non-alcoholic by eliminating the rum and using a blue curacao syrup in place of the blue curacao.
Winter Cocktail Recipe Notes
- Cream of coconut vs. coconut milk – these two items are not at all the same thing. Make sure you are using cream of coconut, which has a thick and rich consistency, and very commonly used in mixed drinks. It’s usually located in the liquor aisle at most grocery stores.
- Swap out the light rum for vodka, if you prefer.
- Make a martini instead – if you don’t want an icy drink, you can easily make a martini instead. In a shaker with ice, shake the pineapple juice, cream of coconut, the rum, and blue curacao. Strain into a martini glass and enjoy.
Where can I find cream of coconut?
If you’re having trouble locating cream of coconut at your local grocery store, check these areas first:
- Canned fruit and vegetable aisle.
- International foods. However, be careful not to confuse this with coconut milk or coconut cream – they are not the same and should not be substituted for each other.
- If neither of the above, check your local ABC or big box alcohol stores (BevMo, Total Wine, etc) as they may have it in their drink mixes section.
Jack Frost Cocktail Ingredients
- pineapple juice
- Blue Curacao liqueur
- light rum
- cream of coconut
How To Make Jack Frost Cocktail
If you would like to decorate the rim of your glass, which we recommend, pour a small layer of corn syrup onto a shallow plate. Place the coconut flakes in another small dish.
Dip the cocktail glasses into the corn syrup, then in coconut flakes.
In a blender filled with crushed ice, combine pineapple juice, Blue Curacao liqueur, rum, and cream of coconut. Blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into prepared cocktail glasses. Serve immediately.
How to measure this drink
This cocktail is written like a standard drink recipe, meaning that instead of an exact measurement (ex: 1 cup) the recipe will read “1 part.”
This can sometimes be a little confusing, but I’ve found the best way to think of it like this: Recipes that measure in parts usually mean it’s written so that you can adjust the size of the drink to whatever you want and the measurements they give you (1 part, 1/2 part, etc) are so you can keep the ratio of the ingredients correct.
For example, let’s say you wanted to make one drink – this typically means you’re using 1 standard shot glass for measuring. So then when the recipe says “1 part” you would interpret that amount as “1 standard shot glass” full. If the recipe says “1/2 part” you’d fill the shot glass halfway so that it’s “1/2 standard shot glass.” OR, let’s say you wanted to make enough drinks for a few friends. When making the drink you could interpret “1 part” as “1 cup” (or “1/2 part” to “1/2 cup.”)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Blue Curacao liquor
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
Rim of Glass
- light corn syrup
- coconut flakes
- Pour a small layer of corn syrup onto a shallow plate. Place the flaking coconut in another small dish.
- Dip the cocktail glasses into the light corn syrup, then in coconut flakes.
- In a blender filled with crushed ice, combine pineapple juice, Blue Curacao liqueur, rum, and cream of coconut. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into prepared cocktail glasse. Serve immediately.