Blogger Amy Erickson of Oh Bite It recommends serving her spicy, cheesy, puffy pillows for game day or anytime you need an easy crowd-pleaser with a kick.
- Prep Time 15 min
- Total Time 30 min
- Servings 8
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup diced fresh jalapeño chiles (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Flaky Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, chiles, salt, pepper and garlic powder until well combined. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. With rolling pin, roll out each biscuit into about 1/8-inch-thick round. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese filling onto center of each. Bring up dough around filling; pinch to seal tightly. Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- To make egg wash, beat egg with splash of water. Brush tops of stuffed biscuits with some of the egg wash. Sprinkle tops with additional salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Serve warm.
Recipe credit: tablespom.com