Enjoy everything you love about lasagna without all that layering and baking with this lasagna soup recipe. Full of Italian sausage, tomato, pasta and topped with mozzarella cheese, you can enjoy the flavors of this favorite dish without all the hassle.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (32 ounce) carton of chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 4 cooked Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in onion, carrot, celery, zucchini and garlic and sauté until the vegetables are tender, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and basil and bring to a boil. Once boiling, break the lasagna noodles into small pieces and add them to the pot.
- Cook until the noodles are tender, approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Slice the cooked Italian sausage in half lengthwise and cut into small pieces.
- Add the pieces to the soup and continue to boil for another 5 minutes.
- Equally divide the soup into four bowls and sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top of each bowl and serve.