You’re 30 minutes away from a fiesta of flavors in a big bowl of luscious layered salad.
Recipe from: Bettycrocker
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
Makes 12 servings
- 1 box classic pasta salad mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 container (12 oz) refrigerated guacamole dip
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend (6 oz)
- 3 plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- Empty Pasta mix into 3-quart saucepan 2/3 full of boiling water. Gently boil uncovered 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Shake to drain well.
- In medium bowl, stir together seasoning mix, oil, water and cumin.
- Stir in pasta, beans and corn.In 4-quart glass salad bowl or 13×9-inch glass baking dish, layer lettuce and pasta mixture.
- Spread guacamole evenly over top. Sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes; top with olives.Just before serving, arrange chips around edge of bowl.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
Makes 12 servings (1 cup each)