Lean Beef Skyler Italian Pasta. Great for busy weeknights, this pasta dish has it all….lots of ground beef, garlic, and a creamy sauce…it’s delicious!
Lean Beef Skyler Italian Pasta
Prep 20 min.
Total 40 min.
Serves: about 1 1/4 cups each
Cook: 20 min.
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) tomato pasta sauce (The tomato sauce can be homemade or purchased , taste one you like , I use Ragu mixed vegetables)
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package Neufchâtel cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 cups pasta, cooked without salt and drained (about 4 1/4 cups)
How to Make It
1 Cook the beef, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
2 Stir the tomate sauce and cheese in the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted, stirring often. Stir in the pasta and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.