Portions: 4 servings
Cook time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Calories Portions: 521
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Zest from 2 lemons (2 tbsp)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 lemon, but into 8 wedges
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 cup roasted corn
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don’t let the garlic to turn brown. Take the saucepan off the heat and add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and salt and pour into a baking dish.
2. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and place them skin side up in the wine sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Tuck the lemon wedges inside and around the pieces of chicken.
3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned. If the chicken isn’t browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Serve with the juice from the dish and a side of white rice and roasted corn.
Tip: This is a gluten free and dairy free recipe.