I love Olive Garden! I also love being able to make Copy Cat Olive Garden recipes at home. There are times when I do not feel like heading into town for dinner or I really only want a specific treat so I make them at home. I love this Copy Cat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake Recipe!
This Copy Cat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake Recipe tastes amazing!
and gets a better flavor the longer it chills in the fridge. You may want to make this ahead of time and let it chill for a few hours before serving.
Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake Copycat
- 1 pkg White Cake Mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- 1 pkg Lemon Cake Mix
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 pkg (8oz) Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Melted Real Butter
- Prepare the white cake according to the directions on the box, adding the sour cream and vanilla.
- Bake in a 10 inch round baking pan and cool the cake completely.
- For the lemon cream filling, mix the mascarpone, powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest of half the lemon and whipping cream, then mix until creamy and smooth.
- For the crumb topping, combine 3/4 cup of the lemon cake mix with the melted butter to make a crumb topping.
- To assemble the cake, cut the white cake in half to spread the lemon cream filling between the two layers of white cake. Frost the top of the cake with a thin layer of cream filling and sprinkle the crumb topping.
In my opinion, this cake tastes identical to Olive Garden’s. The secret is the mascarpone cheese.
NUTRITION: 544 calories, 34 grams fat, 55 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams protein per serving.