This lemon version is my favorite gooey bar EVER. Why?
1. They’re so easy to make. Cake mix, butter, egg, cheese cream, lemon juice and vanilla . DONE.
2. They’re infallible. Pretty much you can’t mess these up, I promise.
3. They taste amazing. Like cake…but gooey and bar-like.
4. There are so many different flavor combos it’s mind boggling.
You can add white chocolate, raisins, coconut, is so versatile and delicious !!! I really love this recipe!!!
Lemon Gooey Bars
Yield: 16 bars
For the crust:
- 1 box (18.25oz) Lemon Cake Mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Confectioners Sugar (if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter and egg. Press into the bottom of your baking dish. In another bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs and lemon juice.
- Use a whisk and beat until fluffy. Pour evenly over the crust.
Bake 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely in dish
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top, if desired.
Cut and Serve.