Great for lunch and dinner, we enjoy making this soup all winter long! We hope to inspire you to make healthy soups this Fall and Winter too!… Enjoy!
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 45 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound lentils, picked and rinsed
- 1 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground toasted cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground grains of paradise
- Place the olive oil into a large 6-quart Dutch oven and set over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the onion, carrot, celery,corn kernels and salt and sweat until the onions are translucent, approximately 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, broth, coriander, cumin and grains of paradise and stir to combine. Increase the heat to high and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook at a low simmer until the lentils are tender, approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, puree to your preferred consistency.
- Serve immediately.