Winter is already here, the snow has covered the mountains and need a comfortable meal to help keep us warm. This is a very delicious recipe I got from a youtube video, it really works for this cold season. At the end of the recipe you can see the video link
Gather the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 tbsp. minced garlic
- 12 (1/2 tsp.) chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes lime juice & cilantro
- 2 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 can light kidney beans with liquid
- Very large pot with lid
- Red pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Fritos corn chips
- Corn bread
- Cinnamon rolls
- Brown the hamburger with the garlic over a medium heat.
- Sprinkle the chili powder, salt, and oregano over the meat and stir. Then stir in the tomatoes and the tomato sauce. Try to break up the larger tomatoes. Heat all of this to boiling and then reduce the heat to simmer, cover the pot. Cook for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
– why 12 1/2 tsp. instead of 6 tsp.? Because the 1/2 tsp. fits into the jar.
– the salt does not need to be exact. Sprinkle some in for flavor.
– if you do not have the Rotel tomatoes 2 more cans of the stewed tomatoes will work, but it won’t have the same bite.
- After 1 hour add the beans. Simmer uncovered for an additional 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
– If you added the beans with the other ingredients it isn’t going to ruin them, but it is better to add them later.
- Toppings for your bowl:
- Add red pepper if you want a little more kick.
Add cheddar cheese if you like.
- Chili is good over or under Fritos or corn bread.
- Use the cinnamon rolls to soak up the juices and when the roll is gone then add the cheddar cheese.
Video Link: Linda’s Chili