Linguine with Oil Garlic and Parmesan
- 1 pound Linguine
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put a pot of water on to boil. Separately, warm olive oil in a large saucepan and add garlic cloves. Sauté until lightly golden.
Cook the pasta until al dente (about 10 minutes); drain, and then add the pasta to the saucepan with the garlic and olive oil. Stir in grated Parmesan, a generous amount of black pepper and parsley, if using. Season with salt to taste and pass around additional cheese at the table.