LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS with fresh herbs, garlic, and lots of ooey gooey cheese atop a cauliflower crust looks and tastes like cheesy bread!
How are you all doing? Ready for a simple recipe that’s gluten free, low carb and really easy to make? I hope you are because this recipe is a winner and a keeper.
I’m really excited to tell you about this recipe and I was craving cheesy breadsticks but I thought of adding healthy vegetables in them, so this is how I ended up making this.
I don’t think this recipe could get any simpler.
You simply add the cauliflower to your food processor and pulse it a few times until the cauliflower resembles rice then microwave the cauliflower for 10 minutes. You then add eggs and cheese, some spices, herbs and shape it into your crust. That’s it! No squeezing the heck out of it to get all the water out, none of that is required and no worries, you will not end up with a soggy crust. Quite the opposite, you will have a nice firm crust. You just cannot get any easier than this.
LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 30 mins
Serves: 4-6 Servings
- 1 head cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To rice the cauliflower I cored it and broke it into florets.
- Then I placed it in the bowl of my food processor and pulsed until it was the texture of rice.
- In a large bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until combined and holds together. Place the mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle about 9×7″ and 1/4″ thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella with cheese, vegetables (broccoli, tomatoes and olives) and return to oven to continue baking until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Cool about 10 minutes and cut into ‘breadsticks’. Garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite
- Red Sauce and enjoy!
Recipe adapted: Realhousemoms