So, now that our resolutions are out of the way, what’s for dinner? This Maple Bourbon Glazed Salmon is an easy but delicious and super quick ten to fifteen minute meal. The maple bourbon glaze is surprisingly delicate and makes this an elegant meal sure to please your guests. It’s a perfect combination of sweet and salt. The citrus and bourbon give it a tangy sweetness and the pepper adds the proper savory balance. When broiled properly, salmon has a ‘melt in your mouth’ consistency. Delicious!
Maple Bourbon Salmon
- 1 pound salmon, with skin
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup of maple- flavored syrup
- 1/3 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coarsley chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Preheat broiler. for syrup glaze, in a small saucepan combine maple syrup, bourbon whiskey, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat while preparing salmon
- Place salmon in a shallow baking dish.
Lightly sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper
- Add half liquid mixture to dish, submerging fillet; refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes.
Bake salmon for 10-15 minutes until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While salmon cooks, pour put the other half of the marinade into sauce pan and add pecans or walnuts
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer until liquid thickens or until glaze reaches the consistency of syrup about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and top salmon with glaze.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from 12Tomatoes