Marbled cake with cream cheese and strawberries
This is delicious cake for any occasion, whether for friends, surprise your boyfriend or just indulge yourself to taste this cake.
Marble Cake Cream Strawberry Glaze
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5/8 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk, as required
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
Cream strawberry cheese
- 5 fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup cold mascarpone cheese (can substitute with regular cream cheese)
- 1/2 cold heavy whipping cream (35-40% butterfat content)
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated white sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 20-25 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch (or arrowroot powder)
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Grease & line a 7″ to 8″ round tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth ( for 2 – 3 min.)
- Add the sugar and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Now fold the flour mixture in the butter mixture.
- Add ( 2 tbsp. ) milk and mix until well combined.
- Combine cocoa powder with remaining milk in a small bowl.
- Divide cake mixture in half and stir cocoa mixture into one half, keeping other half plain.
- Spoon mixture alternately into prepared tin.
- Spread the plain batter at bottom & top, dark in between, and then make zigzags with a knife.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let it cool for 5 minutes.
Cream strawberry cheese:
- First in a bowl place the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Mix with electric mixer until it forms a firm cream.
- Add the sliced strawberries and reserve.
- Prepare glaze by cook sugar, cornstarch and water together until the sauce is transparent and thickened.
Assembling the cake:
- Remove the cake from the tin and allow to cool.
- Spread cream strawberry cheese over cool cake.
- Top with sliced strawberries in 2-3 layers.
- place some around the cake
- Drizzle with glaze and allow to set in fridge for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.