Marbled Samoa Brownies is tasty chocolate and vanilla brownies topped with a delicious caramel, toasted coconut, chocolate black and white. how could go wrong?!
Marbled Samoa Brownies
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) milk
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cocoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla extract your taste
For the coconut caramel
- 2 cups sweet or unsweet flaked coconut
- 12 ounce can Dulce De Leche*
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
For the chocolate drizzle
- ¼ cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup white Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9” x 13” (23cm x 33cm) pan.
- Cream butter, sugars, eggs and milk together in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until blended. Add flour and baking powder, mixing until smooth.
- Divide batter in half in two medium bowls.
- Add vanilla extract into one half and stir
- Stir cocoa and chocolate chips into other half.
- Alternately drop, tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of each batter into prepared pan in a checkerboard pattern until the batter is used up. (About 8 spoonfuls of each).
- Swirl through batter to create a marble effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Cool completely
Make the coconut caramel
- On large, rimmed baking sheet, spread out coconut and place in a 350 degree oven until toasted lightly golden, stirring often, about ten minutes.
- While coconut is toasting, place caramel and evaporated milk in a microwave safe bowl or small sauce pot (if melting on stovetop). Heat at 45 second intervals, stirring after each, until just soft enough to blend well.
- Stir toasted coconut into caramel mixture until well combined. Place dollops of this all over top of cooled brownies and then spread to ice.
- Melt Chocolate Chips in microwave the same way you did the caramel. Once fully melted, allow to cool five minutes before spooning into a large zipper seal bag. Cut just the tip off and make zig zags all over top of coconut mixture. combine black and white chocolate.
- Allow brownies to sit until chocolate is set again and they are completely cool.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!