Bacon and Mashed Potato Egg Rolls
If there is something I love is The Egg Roll Wrappers !!
Yes !! you can wrap almost anything in them. The use for pepperoni and mozzarella cheese sticks rolls .. a delight!
The potato Like almost everyone, even more the “mashed potatoes”
Imagine mashed potatoes with melted cheese and bacon bits crunchy .. all wrapped in egg roll dough and deep fried until golden !!!
In this appetizer is today !! with only 1 cup mashed potatoes 4 tablespoons of cooked bacon (ok always put more and more bacon), salt and pepper, garlic powder and a touch of nutmeg!
Note: You can use leftover mashed potatoes, or make your own mashed potatoes from scratch.
The recipe here:
For 6 rolls need:
- 1 cups prepared (or leftover) mashed potatoes
- 4 tablespoons bacon chopped and cooked crisp (smoking gives more flavor)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slices of rolled cheese (I use velveeta)
- touch of nutmeg
- 6 Egg Roll Wrappers
- dipping sauce, I use my EASY homemade pizza sauce ..
- Combine cooled mashed potatoes, bacon, garlic powder, salt/ pepper and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Lay each egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place your mashed potato add cheese rolled and place in the center of each wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Serve hot with pizza sauce or your favorite sauce