Mickey Butterfinger Apple Recipe. This chocolate-covered caramel apple with Butterfinger bits was found at the Main Street Confectionary in the Magic Kingdom. But Disney apples, long a favorite of mine, have begun cropping up in resorts and gift shops all over the Disney property. My job when I retire? I want to drive these beauties around all day and deliver them to gifts shops.
Cast Members will cut the apple for you in fourths on the spot, which I recommend. Now you can share with a friend, or if you decide to go it alone, you can put the apple in the fridge and have it for a snack in the morning, or say midnight if you just can’t sleep. Cold apple does not cut all that well when it’s covered in hardened caramel and chocolate, and I say that from “Where is a sharper knife?” experience.
Mickey Butterfinger Apple Recipe
- 1 large stick about 8″ in length
- 1 large firm tart green apple
- 2 white marshmallows
- caramels preferably vanilla – to be melted
- dark chocolate or white chocolate – to be melted
- vanilla icing
- 12 pieces BUTTERFINGER BITES Candy, chopped
- 1 large white paper cupcake liner
- Insert stick firmly into the center of the apple.
- Follow package directions for melting caramel.
- Dip whole apple into melted caramel.
- Let harden.
- Attach two marshmallows to top of apple about 2″ apart using vanilla icing as cement.
- Let set.
- Follow package for melting dark chocolate or white chocolate.
- Dip whole apple and marshmallows into chocolate.
- Let harden firmly.
- Cover bottom half of apple with white icing cement.
- Apply butterfinger chopped immediately.
- Place on cupcake liner.