Minced chicken cutlets are usually made in so many different variations around the world. A few variations in spices but most often the method is quite similar.
This is my version of these delicious mince chicken cutlets. The best part about these is that they can be put together in an instant. I find myself making these when I’m pressed for time. And kids love them too.
To marinate the Minced Chicken :
- 2 cups Minced Chicken
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 teaspoonGrated ginger
- 2 teaspoons Grated garlic
- Chopped chili – as per taste
- 1/2 cup Chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Chicken Curry Masala (I used MDH chicken curry masala)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt as per taste
For the batter :
- 2 eggs Egg White
- 4 tablespoons Corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Bread crumbs – as per required to coat the cutlets
- Vegetable or Peanut oil for deep frying
Steps to Prepare
- Take the minced chicken into a large strainer and place the strainer on a bowl for 30 minutes along with the minced chicken to strain any excess water of the minced chicken.
- After 30 minutes, take the minced chicken in a large mixing bowl and add one by one, lemon juice, chopped onion, grated ginger & garlic, chopped chilies, chopped cilantro, chicken curry masala, garam masala powder & salt as per taste.
- Now mix the minced chicken with all the ingredients are added to it, using your clean hand. Now cover the bowl and keep the marinated chicken for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, in another bowl make a smooth but thick batter with egg whites, cornflour, pepper powder, salt & little water. If you find your batter is not enough thick add little more cornflour, but make sure there is no lumps in the batter.
- After 1 hour, take little portion of the marinated chicken and shape into cutlets, Size and shape is totally Upto you. You can see the shaped cutlets in the above picture.
- Now coat each cutlet with some bread crumbs, now dip the bread crumbs coated cutlet into the egg batter, and again coat with bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Make rest of the cutlets in the same process. Now take all the shaped cutlets in a large container with lid and keep inside the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until you want to fry them.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan, remove one cutlet at a time, add it to the hot oil, fry till golden brown, remove fried cutlet from the oil with slotted spatula, and place onto paper towel.
- Serve hot with ketchup & cucumber salad.
Recipe credit: Peekn cook