Bacon. Cheese. Hot Dogs. Crescent Rolls. You pretty much can’t go wrong with these Mini Bacon Crescent Dogs!
Did you love pigs in a blanket as a child? Well if so, you should totally give this fun “mini” version a try! Made with crescent roll dough, these little dogs are quite the tasty treat to serve at a party.
But there’s an extra fun surprise hidden in these mini dogs. Can you spy it in the picture?? Ok ok, maybe the title gave it away. It’s….BACON!
Here’s the how to:
- Start with a can of Pillsbury crescent roll dough. Cut each triangle in half to make about 16 long skinny triangles.Cut hot dogs into thirds
- Then prep your hot dogs, cutting each into thirds.
- And cook up some yummy bacon. Although be sure to cook it “soft”, and not crispy. Otherwise, it won’t wrap around the dogs.
- Slice each hot dog down the center to form a little pocket for some cheese. Then stuff a small slice of cheese into the middle of the slit.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the hot dog and cheese.
- Then wrap the long skinny crescent roll dough around.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients, and pop them all on a greased baking sheet. Then bake for about 30 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden and the cheese is all nice and melty.
- Remove mini dogs from the oven and serve immediately while that cheese is still warm!
- Pretty fun!
Mini Bacon Crescent Dogs
- 5 hot dogs, cut into thirds
- 8 strips bacon, cooked (until soft but not crispy) and cut in half
- 4 slices American cheese, sliced into fourths (small squares)
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls, each cut in half (long skinny triangles)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take a hot dog third, and use a knife to slice down the length of the hotdog almost all the way through. Stuff one of the small pieces of cheese in the slit. Then wrap a piece of bacon around the outside of the hot dog. Then wrap a crescent roll piece around the outside. Place the hot dog wrap on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and crescent rolls are golden. Remove and serve immediately.