Mini Crescent Dogs. Mini Crescent Dogs. Mini sausages are all wrapped up in flaky crescents in an all-time favorite appetizer.
Here is another finger food favorite. When we were younger my Mom made these as a treat for us. She used the regular sized hotdogs. We did not have little cocktail weinies available.
I loved them … picking them up, dipping them into gulden’s spicy, brown mustard … sometimes hellman’s mayonaise.Yummy! Now with the availability of the little smoked beef cocktail weinies… I can make these and freeze them. These are now a new year’s staple for me… whether I’m bringing the new year in with a party or alone… I make these!
Mini Crescent Dogs
- 24 cocktail sized sausages
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 red bell pepper
- ketchup for dipping
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
- Place sausage on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on ungreased cookie sheets. (You’ll need 2 cookie sheets.)
- In a small dish, mix the butter, Italian seasonings, and garlic powder. Brush mixture over the rolls and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Arrange mini dogs in a circle on a serving tray with the ketchup in the middle.
- Slice a ring off the bell pepper and then cut strips to make a bow. Place at the bottom of the wreath. Enjoy!