Chicken and Cheese and Ranch, oh my! (I’m just kidding. Not really though.)
If you have hungry kids after school or swimming or monkey arounding, these are going to be a gift from God.
If you just need some time to yourself with a good book and a snack or twelve, may you find inner zen with every single bite of these.
Dip them in salsa, oh my LORD. Dip them. I can’t even take it anymore, let’s do this.
- -Shred up a rotis, grate some pepperjack cheese, grab some peppercorn ranch, a couple of eggs, some Bisquick mix and some milk. And cilantro. And OH – if I had to do it all over again (and I will here in about 3.5 minutes) I’d add some Old El Paso diced green chiles. More heat!
- -Mix together the Bisquick with the milk and eggs.
- -Mix togethra the chicken, cheese, cilantro and peppercorn ranch. (and chiles!)
- -Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with some cooking spray. Then you’ll spoon a Tbsp. of the Bisquick mixture in each muffin tin cup. Then you grab a couple of Tbsp. of the chicken mixture and divide it up in each muffin cups, like sooo….
- -THEN you’ll spoon 1 more Tbsp. of the Bisquick mix over the top.
- -All done. Then you throw it in the oven for about half an hour.
- -Let them cool a few minutes and then slide them on out of the cups and DEVOUR.
- -Serve them with salsa and understand life for the first time.
Just thought I’d show you the shreddedy goodness inside. My stomach wants them again.
Get ready. I’m not kidding.
Mini Tex-Mex Chicken and Cheese Pies
- 1 (1.3 lb) rotisserie chicken, shredded (skin and bones discarded)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 (3 oz) can Old El Paso diced green chiles (optional!)
- 1/4 cup peppercorn ranch dressing
- 1/4cup cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup salsa of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cheese, green chiles (if using!), peppercorn ranch and cilantro. Mix together with your hands until well combined.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together the Bisquick, milk and eggs.
- Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pour a Tbsp of the egg mixture into each muffin cup. Then place about 2 Tbsp of the chicken mixture on top of the baking mixture. Then spoon over 1 more Tbsp of the baking mixture on top of the chicken. (Continue for the remaining 11 muffin cups.)
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick is clean when inserted.
- Serve garnished with more cilantro and your favorite salsa!