A huge crisis is on the horizon.
The Kentucky Derby falls on the same day as Cinco de Mayo.
What are we going to drink?!?!?
For those of you who can’t choose between the classic Mint Julep and Margarita, just do what I plan on doing, and mix them together!
Total Time 30 min
- Clear Tequila
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Bunch Mint (plus more for garnish)
- 2 Cups Water
- Make the mint simple syrup: Mix the water, sugar, and mint in a pot and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Just as it starts to simmer, remove from heat and allow to sit about 20 minutes. Strain.
- In a shaker with ice, mix 1.5 oz bourbon, 1.5 oz tequila, 1.5 oz fresh lime juice, and 3 oz mint syrup.
- Shake well and pour over ice in a salt rimmed glass. Garnish with lime and mint and serve.