This combination of chocolate and coconut is way too good, it does not take long preparation, about 30 minutes more cooking time, really worth.
The thick and fudgy brownies are, the macaroon filling made it taste a little like a Mounds bar just to-die-for! Yum-o-licious !!!!
Mound Bar Brownies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar (I didn’t have any, and they still turned out great)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 package (14-oz.) flaked coconut
- 1 can (14-oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts (if desired). Spread half the batter into a greased 13×9″ baking pan.
- For filling, combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla;
carefully spread over batter in pan. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle flaked coconut on top
- Cool on a wire rack. ENJOY!!