Mushroom Pepper Jack mini Burger
This recipe is originally from Nikki form Chef in Training .. In the original recipe is recommended pretzel bread, I have found in my local store, and have not had enough time to prepare homemade buns pretzle bread.
I tried every turn (all except the bread, obviously)
and really are delicious, Jack cheese adds a great flavor, if you do not like spicy use Swiss cheese (that is low in fat and less sodium)
Fungi are wonderful, the sauce is for almost any recipe.
Another thing I love pickles so add a slice in the burger
but enough of chatter and we will work .. you need is:
Recipe from: Nikki from chef-in-training
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- 12 Pretzel rolls (or if you do not get at your local store, buy regular bread)
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese, cut in half to make 12 pieces
- mayonnaise to spread over the inside of the rolls
- Mushroom sauce
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic or 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons cold water mixed together
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Divide the ground beef into 12 small patties. I cook them in a giant skillet until browned and cooked through. After they are cooked set aside.
In large skillet melt 3 Tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms and garlic. Sauté until tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, cream, beef broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and add cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly. Once thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice open pretzel buns and spread mayo over the top and bottom. Place patties on the bottom of bun and add place the pepper jack cheese on top.
- Spoon mushroom sauce over the top and replace the top of the bun. Put the sliders in buttered 9×13 baking dish. Melt the ½ cup of butter for the topping and add the poppy seeds and Worcestershire sauce and spoon over the top of the sliders. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot.