The best appetisers are always tasty, easy to share and appealing, of course. But how about making a mushroom appetiser? This sounds absolutely incredible, and tastes even better! Here my own version! The roasted mushrooms with garlic and thyme have all of the listed features, and they also make a perfect side dish! That’s why you just have to make them for any occasion you want, you will never regret.
Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic & Thyme
- 16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
- 3 Tbsp corn or vegetable oil
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, softened
- 3 clove garlic, chopped very finely
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds. Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards. Mix together the butter, garlic,thyme, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top. Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.